Learning new appreciation

For the past five days now I have been learning new appreciation for my eyes. On Thursday night I took out my contacts as usual, but within moments it felt like someone had taken a sand blaster to my eyes. Pain, redness, amazing response....and within moment reeling in unexpected and unwanted misery.
We still don't know why, or what for sure. It seems to be perhaps an allergy to a hairspray that I have used only 4 times. The first three I had really red eyes, but I was in a hotel, working long hours and perhaps thought there was mold in the room...which I know I am suspectible to. However Thursday I used this hairspray again and all day my eyes were dry but not overly bothersome ...though truthfully I was an an all day event that kept my attention so wrapped that perhaps I wouldn'thave noticed ...I am truly able to block discomfort at a high level.
Friday morning I woke up to unimagineable pain just to blink. Light hurt my eyes, blinking hurt, and there was no clear vision no matter what glasses I put on. The doctors were stumped but hit it up with steroids and antibiotics to begin...today is my birthday and I have to tell you, my eyes are better, but it still hurts to see, to read, to look at light. The swelling is down on the outside, but unfortunately interior swelling may have cost me vision permanently....its a wait and see time...
If you're used to seeing me tweeting...or here..know that I am away but hoping to be back sooner than later. For now, vision is reserved for work, home, and things that have to be...
and thankfully it will be temporary we think!
hugs!
Sweetie

3 comments:

Autumn Haven said...

oh wow! I wondered where you were, but just thought you were super busy! I'm sorry your eyes are hurting! I pray they heal up quickly, I've missed you!

How was your birthday??? {{HUGS}}

Becky @ BoysRuleMyLife said...

Oh, Sweetie! I hope your eyes improve! How awful!! Please keep us up-to-date! Hugs!

Rachel Anne said...

Sweetie, I hadn't "seen" you around so popped over to check on you. I'm so sorry about your eyes!! What a deal. Not how you want to spend your birthday...which, by the way, Happy Birthday!

I hope you get better soon! enjoy what you can of your special day!

Rachel