The Parts We Often Overlook

I am often amazed as I read the Bible in the mornings (well to be honest, some mornings when I manage to make time for God.....) Today was one of those verses that made me sit up and say "are you getting that?"

Matthew 18:10 "See that you do not look down on one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven ALWAYS see the face of my Father in heaven." (NLT)




Do we take time to acknowledge that each of us has a guardian angel? A Father in heaven who listens and hears the reports of our doings? Who loves us deeply and has created us for His purposes? The Bible speaks of it in many locations. Do we take time to acknowledge that God truly knows and sees our every breath and has known them since before we were knit in our mother's womb?

So much of our human existence is wasted thinking we are truly in charge, in control...when the truth is we're stumbling around trying to be in charge in control when God truly is.....

again this morning I surrender and ask for forgiveness for failing to begin and end each day with praises that God is God and I am not....for not listening more to the Holy Spirit's whispering when I am too busy "being" all the things that I lead me to do instead of listening for what He would have me do....

Too many days in my life, when I am on God's plan, doors simply open, mountains seem to move....and then there are the days I go my own ways....and the path always leads to no where...

God's mercy cancels our mistakes, our sins, our messups and our ugly......are we forgiving others theirs?

"Why do you speak to the people in parables?"
11He replied, "The knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them. 12Whoever has will be given more, and he will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken from him. 13This is why I speak to them in parables: "Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand. 14In them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah: " 'You will be ever hearing but never understanding; you will be ever seeing but never perceiving. 15For this people's heart has become calloused; they hardly hear with their ears, and they have closed their eyes. Otherwise they might see with their eyes hear with their ears, understand with their hearts and turn, and I would heal them.

God is God and I am thankful for his Word!

Please Lord, help me not to have a hardened heart, but to truly listen, hear, see and do thy will.....today.

0 comments: