Tuesday

Good Morning! Today's tasks are lined out. Review auditorily some editing I need to do. Type up some marketing ideas I have for a client, and manage to do something with the chicken in the fridge and put a pot roast in the crock pot, I can't ignore the groceries that are thawed forever. Simple daily goals along with the usual daily chores....somehow it all seems taxing though...but that's part of it, perservering through the new normal.
I find myself choosing to simply close my eyes more. If one is going to see fuzzy and unfocused, after a while you get to the point where you'd just prefer not to see. This morning it occurs to me that I do this alot when I am not visually impaired, simply in different areas of my life. Kinda like my dog in Arkansas, he couldn't do anything about a threesome of raccoons in our backyard at night, so he simply didn't "see" them no matter how obnoxious they played at his back window.
We learn to be blind to some things. Oh, we see what someone else does or did with accurate, discriminating vision, but our own behaviors? Lack of efforts? stumblings? no, we simply don't see that at all....and often we simply choose not to look at ourselves at all in our reflections and evaluations.
If you were to take 3 minutes tonight and close your eyes and simply listen to what was said verbally around the table, or during family time, what would you hear? What would you say differently if you knew the only way your children and spouse would "see" your love was to hear it?

God is good and He has a plan.


0 comments: