Sunday

Yesterday Les spent the day removing everything from our bedroom, scrubbing it down, and then vacuuming the ceiling, fans, etc. By nightfall we were able to return me to our room and I didn't have a response. We were told to throw away all makeup, rewash all clothes, and scrub all surfaces with ammonia.

I made it through the day with only a few flares and I slept all night.

It is very different to have your vision functionally stripped without warning. A week ago I was at an event hearing a friend speak. The next day I could no longer focus, drive, tolerate light, or function for work as I had before.

Today we're to a place where the 24/7 pain is gone. From time to time something flares my eye response again, dust, light, temperature, and my eyes get red again, but most of the day I can stay inside, away from windows and just be without pain. Without warning I have 20-45 minutes of focus ability out of my right eye when my eyes have been calm enough...and I am allowed to work, write, or do whatever is comfortable. My laptop is on the dimmest setting, which means you'll get spelling errors....or synonym errors....I can't reread what I write for the most part.

I somehow thought I would wake up much better today...yesterday had been a better day for most of the day, then it wasn't. The doctor has said it will be a 16-18 week process, but somehow we thought if we identified the issues, it wouldn't be....but as we identify things that go badly, more come to light. Apparently now that they are irritated, everything gets to them.

You realize you are not getting things handled. You realize that things must be handled...and you keep trying....how frustrating it is to know you are not doing what you need to get done.

I know I have little enough to deal with in this, so many others have such harder lives daily. I am thankful that this taste of ill health and difficulty is indeed a taste and not my daily life forever. How poor a patient I am.

Like all things, one small change at a time....one step as I can to do what I can do and eventually it will be get done.

God is God and He is present in my times of need.



1 comments:

Autumn Haven said...

you are in my prayers for healing my dear! can you see text messages ok? I've wanted to send you one but didn't know for sure if you would be able to focus on such a small screen! {{hugs}}