An in a moment....she aged....

The last few days I have been in Dallas at a large expo type vendor area. It is interesting to people watch and particularly as one in presentations, I love to "watch the show" of presentations all around me.
As a former teacher, its painful to see thing happen that you know would be different if they only understood why their conversations aren't producing sales conversations. Young, old, gorgeous and plain, on the playing field of successful presenters, its not a matter of looks, but skills....
Yesterday I was fascinated with the ability of one sales person to "connect" naturally with his audience. Young or old, big or small, he showed extremely positive responses to all of them. Eye contact, check, intent, check, goodwill, check, informative, check, this sales boy seemed to have it all going on for him at 26......
right up to the point where when complimented....he said...thank you.....ma'am.....as though I was congratulating him as his....


Mother.


Somehow in an instant, not only did I age....I had a sudden need for cover....you know the type....coverup makeup....anti aging hats......a dark pair of sunglasses....something.....


perhaps I should go visit the nursing home today so perhaps those folks will see me as I am....

0 comments: